Spiga

CREDIT CARD DEATH

I used to have a total of P80,000.00 balance on 4 credit cards.  I have 6 credit cards.  That was 4 years ago.  I was in deep sh*t.  I can only pay the minimum amount due every month because I still have to pay for other things.  And when I ran out of money and needs to buy some groceries and milk for my son, I will use again my credit card.  It's a cycle.  I pay a little and spend a lot.  Luckily, my husband sold his other car and the proceeds went to paying the credit card balances.  I then terminated some of my cards and retain 3 of them.  Now, I'm wiser on using my card.

I still use my cards but I make sure that I will pay more than the minimum amount.  And sometimes even if I have the cash, I will use my card to earn some points then deposit the equivalent amount on my bank account and make payments thru online banking before the due date.

8 comments:

  Anonymous

October 9, 2008 at 1:53 PM

I have finished with this credit card thing. I used to have thi problem also before but good i have already overcome it.

  YT

October 9, 2008 at 4:55 PM

@DEXTER:

Congrats for overcoming this problem. I think most credit card holders experience the same situation or are still in this situation.

  Anonymous

November 19, 2008 at 5:08 PM

moral lesson: don't spend more than what you earn.

  Anonymous

November 25, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Love your post and well done on working through your challenge.

I will keep reading and coming back.

Best wishes,

Matt

  yvon

November 26, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Matt:

Thanks for dropping by. By the way, I no longer post new article in this blog. Its new address is at www.xerkel.com. Hope to see you there.

  Tracie

September 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM

This comment has been removed by the author.
  Tracie

October 15, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Rightly said.The kind of problem created by the widespread use of credit card is nothing but overspending Disorder.Here is a program which helps you get a better handle on your money allowing you to experience more freedom than you have had before.

  Unknown

March 8, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Credit cards give consumers convenience all the time.

Allen Sawyer
Credit Card Machines